Wednesday 12 November 2008

Bonfire Night

We were looking forward to bonfire night as we were collecting wood and things. We said we ought to get some fireworks so we went to the shop to get some. Then on the way back my brother put fireworks and matches in his pocket. The next thing I knew my brother was screaming and I saw the fire was on his back. I took my coat off and put the fire out. Then we were at the hospital and I asked the nurse to phone my Mum and Dad and we spent the whole day at the hospital. My brother still has the scars today. So we don't like bonfire night any more. We stay away from fireworks. But I still like to watch them at a safe distance. I still remember the poem: Remember, remember the fifth of November, gunpowder, treason and plot. There was a group of men and they were trying to blow up the houses of parliament but they got caught and the leader was called Guy Fawkes. That is why we put a guy on the fire.

Sue

No comments: